Monday, November 24, 2008

Matt and Fiona

Carlsbad Beach and Carlsbad Coaster Station - Carlsbad, CA

Matt and girlfriend Fiona were quite the obliging rockstars when they decided to do this little shoot with me up in Carlsbad. They had the idea that it would be an ANTM shoot for a bit, (that’s America’s Next Top Model for those not in the know – I don’t watch the show, you have to be believe me, I swear – Tone taught me that acronym.. sorry Tone I just called you out)... but, it was that and a bit of just plain old shooting for the sake of good practice. Matt was my roommate back at Flandskate for a few years… The guy is like a brother to me, so I will say that it was a bit weird to have to direct him to “okay kiss” Fiona at the appropriate photo-moment.. ah, what we would do for “the shot”… Check out what we got!

The laughter from the last picture was golden – all resulting from my direction “okay, look sexy…” umm, well that’s just way too easy now isn’t it…


See, this next one, complete ANTM material. No question.



Next one is one of their favorites, I kinda like it too – got the mysterious, but not so mysterious vibe goin on… now that’s sexy…

Alright kids, cover your eyes! Even more sexiness follows…




Way too much fun and some really good practice (and lots of sexiness too!). I was glad that we were able to save the shoot with some nighttime train station action, cuz we ran out of light right when we started the beach scenes... It worked out pretty well actually!

They were really helpful with poses and I was really thankful that they were willing volunteers for this practice session… Now I’m a Pro Nighttime-Carlsbad-Train-Station-Matt-and-Fiona Shooter! Just kiddin.. really, it helped a lot… I got to figure more about directing and even got to find what I’m lookin for in future shoots like this… Thanks Matt and Fiona!!!

3 comments:

Catie Ronquillo said...

Great job man! I really like the still motion train shot. Awesome!

Lisa Gisczinski Photography said...

Daniel they are all absolutely amazing! Your work keeps getting better and better every time I see it!
You've been blessed with a wonderful eye :)

Unknown said...

What a fun shoot! Great job, Daniel! :)