Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wedding - Journee and Judy

Judy and Journee’s homes and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - San Diego, CA

Journee and Judy seemed pretty calm cool and collected… But, after the smiles that they had AFTER the ceremony was over, maybe they were more anxious than calm. Jasmine Marie and I arrived at Journee’s house at the crack of dawn to capture the guys getting ready. Extremely kind and hospitable the whole way through, you can tell he had a real genuine heart. He even congratulated me on my engagement – dude, it’s YOUR wedding day! Congratulations to YOU!!!! Well, it was no surprise to find that Judy was equally sweet.

Thank you to Ohana Photography (David and Kimi) for allowing me to come along to shoot and to learn. Their style is unparalleled, one that is all their own, and no doubt (foreal) one of my legitimate personal favorites. AND - It is definitely always a fun time with the Baxters. I swear, if I’m not laughing and tearing up from laughter when Kim is talkin – then the world has frozen over. Hilarious!! It just makes the whole experience more fun. And besides, you have to laugh – you’ll live longer! Well, on to the pics! Enjoy!

I don’t think that I ever would have take a guy shoe shot, but…

The guys were lookin fresh and clean, but Judy was a complete Rockstar..

Chinese Tea Ceremony...

But first, the girls made the guys wait outside and “earn” their way in…

The fresh kicks in action..

Okay, now the ceremony can begin…

Now, onto church…

Here come those big smiles…

I was unfortunately unable to make it out to the rest of the day and so I missed the formals and the reception… boo. But, I had a ton of fun and it made it really easy when you work with a really easy going and sweet couple… I also learned a bit about the potential shooting differences I may face inside of a church – just means I need to get some new glass!! Haha – or at least rent some anyways…

Thank you soooo much to Ohana Photography (David and Kimi) for everything… I consider myself REALLY blessed to have photographers that are literally at the top of the game that allow me to come along to shoot and learn. I know that it goes miles and miles for my own expereince...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Daniel. Love how you got the intimate shots.

And how did you get those up close ceremony shots? Rambo-style?! :)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wow wow wow wow wow! one of the wow's is still from those ridiculously awesome invites!
ok ummm...who said you need to learn? these are amazazazing! how you managed to ninja your way to the front i'll never know!! i need to learn to work my way around authority!
anyway, just wanted to thank you so much for coming out and keeping us company! we really enjoyed yours and jasmine's company! we hope you got something out of coming out, since you didn't get to stay :(
you and jasmine are awesome! hope we'll be able to have you out again sometime! if you don't blow up by then!
ok i've gone on too long. thank you thank you thank you!!

Catie Ronquillo said...

Awesome job! I'm totally diggin on the groomsmen's shoes, they rock! Let me know if you're ever back in the Bay, we can shoot around!

Hella Modes! said...

you are layin it down pretty hard w/ your photo game. exponential growth each time